Thursday, July 26, 2007

#75: GRE

Every day for the last three weeks I've been working for 2 hours on GRE's math section. I even took an intensive math course at AUCA to refreshen my math that I had almost forgotten. I plan to take the test in September and most probably in again in October because I will not do that well. I have not even looked at the verbal section of the test. It is a nightmare. I hope grad school admissions will pay more attention to my TOEFL score rather than me verbal score on GRE. Now have to contact my former professors and employers to ask them for recommendation letters.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aza, good luck on the test! I can tell you from my own experience that I scored the highest points in math although I spent way more time preparing for verbal and other sections of the test. Regarding your application, I would say that you should focus on your admission essay - it's probably one of the more important elements of the whole process. Mine was revised at least a dozen times.

Azamat said...

Ruslan, thanks a lot of the tip. I started my essay, but I am not sure if I am going in the right direction. Have to work more on it.