Tuesday, October 09, 2007

#116: Iftar Dinner

Since this is the last week of the month of Ramadan, iftar dinners (for breaking the fast) became very frequent. For almost a week I've been visiting relatives' houses for big feasts (to give you an idea, it is as big as Thanksgiving Day in the U.S.), although I did not fast this year. Usually, friends would also get together for an iftar, however, for some reason, very few friends of mine fasted this year. At my previous job, I had iftars with colleagues, but at my current job, nobody fasts.

This Friday is Orozo Ait (Eid ul-Fitr in Arabic), a holiday marking the end of Ramadan. Last year I took a few pictures from the holiday namaz (prayer). I bought Canon 350D for my office last week and I will go out and test it during the celebration.

No comments: