Thursday, February 28, 2008

#176: Phone Interview

I have not written much about applications to gradschools lately. Well, in January I was turned down on a fellowship program in the U.S. I was disappointed. I did not even make through to the second stage.

I also took the official iBT TOEFL for the first time in my life (I have done a half a dozen institutional ones) for another program in Singapore. Surprisingly, I did pretty well on it. And today I received a letter that I was shortlisted for selection. Next week they want to do a phone interview, which would be followed by a test of quantitative skills. I've NEVER been interviewed on the phone, not to mentioned tested for quantitative skills. I don't know how might that go. Now, I really have to understand what I wrote in my essays for admission and memorize my CV. Any other tips?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stand up during the call. You'll sound better and be more confident. Cheap trick.