Thursday, May 22, 2008

#210: Russian Singapore

Thanks to friends of friends of friends I found a forum of Russian-speakers in Singapore. To my amusement, I found that there are three things that Russians miss while living in Singapore: buckwheat, Russian crackers, and marshmallows, while some also try to make condensed milk and kefir in their kitchens. The rest of the Russian diet or their substitutes seem to be available in stores. I am not fanatical about any of these products and can do without them, but I am thinking of taking some of the famous dried fruits (apricots, prunes, etc.) and mountain honey from Central Asia.

2 comments:

... said...

MESSAGE FOR NURBEK OR AZAMAT.
many thanks for readind
this: http://rapidshare.com/files/116806618/hi_aza.rtf.html
,,, I am waiting for an answer.
bromuloagujeto@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Bushwhacker!
When you go to Singapore come visit us in KL. bob.ajar@gmail.com Let us know your plans!