Wednesday, August 08, 2007

#82: SCO Summit

The Kyrgyz government is obsessed with the upcoming Shanghai Cooperation Organization summit. It will be hosted Kyrgyzstan in mid-August. AKIpress posted a number of pictures on new and refurbished old buildings that are being prepared to welcome presidents of China, Kazakhstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Iran, and Turkmenistan, the last two being only observers.

The Mayor of Bishkek, as the main implementer, has done "incredible" things: whitewashing trees and facades of buildings on the road from the Manas Airport to Bishkek and the main streets in Bishkek. As with buildings' being painted only on frontal sides, so are the trees, as you can see from the morrire's picture below. If only these changes were regular and less superficial, we would be living in another country.

2 comments:

Maarten said...

Dear Azamat,

My name is Maarten Bels, I am 29 years old and originally from Holland.
I currently live in the USA, where I work for a local newspaper in Jonesboro, AR.
I have been interested in Kyrgyzstan and its politics for a long time and I just wanted to ask you if you would like to correspond with me a little bit and maybe I can you some questions and ask you for some help.

I wish you all the best and hope to hear from you.

Maarten Bels
de_rebbe@hotmail.com
maartenbels@gmail.com

Unknown said...

wow that is incredible" whitewashing the half of trees and only front sides of buildings". it gives to understand
mayor of the city Bishkek is so responsible as his colleagues down here in Osh.