Wednesday, October 17, 2007

#120: Football

For the past month we've been playing football in one of the rundown fields in Bishkek. It is a preparation stage for a charity game between the alumni of US government-sponsored programs (I joined because I studied briefly in the States, but not through US government programs. I don't owe anything to it, yet!) and the expat community (Americans, Englishmen, Germans, a Serb, a Macedonian) in Bishkek. It was initiated and is being organized by a friend of mine, who works for IREX in Bishkek. The actual charity game is on October 27. Thanks to AA, who took these great pictures on my camera, while I was playing.

4 comments:

Konstantin said...

Dude, keep your terminology straight. It's SOCCER, not FOOTBALL. :) Very important distinction...esp for someone so closely involved with the US folk. :)

Hey, is there still American Pub in Bishkek? Where do I hang out with Americans with a beer? I'll probably miss home when I am in Bishkek for the whole 12 days!!! :P

Azamat said...

:) I don't know about you guys in the US, but the rest of the world calls it football.

Yeah, the pub is there, but is not called Metro Pub and it is run by an Englishman, who serves Guinness and shows rugby and cricket on Friday nights.

Give me a call when you are in Bishkek. I will be in Dushanbe for couple of days beginning of November.

Anonymous said...

Aza, send us the details of the match :)!

Azamat said...

Footballer, I will post another entry with more details. Meanwhile, mark October 27 in your planners.